Frequently Asked Questions
Although your pet pig will still be a baby and only weigh 10 pounds when you bring him home, pigs take 3-5 years to reach full size.
Your pet pig will likely be between 90-160 pounds by the time they reach their full size. There is no such thing as a “micro” or “teacup” pig. Please make sure a pig is the right pet for you before applying.
Visit this guide for pictures of adult pig sizes to understand better how big your pet pig will get.
We recommend having all of the following so you are prepared to bond and care for your pet pig as soon as you bring it home:
- A designated enclosed area like a 4×4 dog run or a playpen until they get bigger.
- Low protein percentage pig feed ( 14% – 18%) NOT “grower” feed in a 26% protein or higher.
- Locate a veterinarian who sees pet pigs. You may need to look for “livestock vets” in your area.
- Potty box, such a kitty litter pan.
- Pee pads or litter, NOT kitty litter. Kitty litter is very harmful, even deadly, if ingested. Instead, use recycled newspaper, paper pellets, or pine shavings.
- You will get a more in-depth list of what you will need in your “Preparing for a New Piglet eBook,” included with your purchase.
- Your piglet comes to you neutered, spayed, vaccinated, dewormed, potty trained (a $200 – $300 value.)
- You can begin to bond with your pet pig immediately since our pet pigs are desensitized to household noises, handled, and petted/carried by us daily.
- They are crate-trained and introduced to a harness.
- Included is one of our signature harness leads explicitly designed for pigs.
- Also included is access to a “Preparing for a New Piglet” course
- Your new companion piggy comes to you as a house-trained pet, not barn-raised livestock.
We are currently offering our pet pigs for pickup only. If you are not local to the San Antonio area, consider using a different breeder at this time.
Find an AMPA (American Mini Pig Association) registered breeder here.
It’s only possible to know what it’s like to bring a pet pig into your family once you have done it.
Check out this in-depth FREE course by The American Mini Pig Association (AMPA) to help you better understand what it will be like!
We require a $250 deposit to hold a piglet for you. This goes towards your total $600 purchase price, leaving you a balance of $350 to be paid when you pick up your pet pig.
Deposits can be made using CashApp, Venmo, PayPal, Zelle, or ApplePay.
WOrds from The founders
Hello! We’re Billy and Serina, husband-and-wife and cofounders of SATX Pet Pigs | PORCINE Pet Shop.
We aim to bring joy and happiness to pig parents through the bonding process of pet pig ownership.
Our mission is to provide educational resources and guidance to pig owners that help foster a relationship of trust and cooperation through the method of cooperative care.
We love the joy and happiness that pigs bring to people, so in 2019, we opened our Piggy Petting Zoo, Party Pigs, and the PORCINE Pet Shop.
We have served the pet pig community since 2019.